We don't always choose
the circumstances of our lives,
but we CAN choose our response.
is about transforming life's lemons,
and fully living the life you have,
even if it's not the life you wanted.
NEVER DIET AGAIN® WEIGHT CONTROL WITHOUT “WON’T” POWER
Never Diet Again® is a program designed for compulsive eaters and yo-yo dieters, especially those who have tried many diet programs and find they only end up gaining more weight. You’ll meet together with a skilled professional who also has personal experience with weight control issues. We meet in a safe and confidential environment, to address such common concerns as:
- anger and/or despair about my weight
- frustration with dieting
- discovering how to eat “normally” without gaining weight
- uncovering the sources of emotional eating and finding alternatives
- dealing with my family members, including their frustrations with my weight
- fears about my health
- finding (or keeping) significant relationships
- managing symptoms and stress
- developing and maintaining a positive outlook
Never Diet Again® consists of 12 structured meetings, in a group of 6-8 people. No additional participants are added to a group once it has begun.
Each session is two hours in length, including:
Sessions include materials for discussion and for take-home challenges, processing, or inspiration. One session includes an inspirational video. Each week’s curriculum addresses areas of concern such as those listed above, with the overriding purposes of:
- tracing the roots of weight problems and emotional eating
- developing tools for dealing with stress and emotions that lead to compulsive eating
- enhancing coping skills and strategies
- increasing self-esteem
- making peace with food
- instilling hope
- moving forward in life, with or without weight change
Most insurance plans will cover this program, in the same way they pay for depression, anxiety, or any other mental health issue. Because weight problems have become a parity issue, your insurance may also include this program under medical coverage (Medi-Cal or Medicare are, unfortunately, not able to be taken at this time). Major credit cards are accepted.
Groups meet in a comfortable environment in Sherman Oaks. Additional groups scheduled by arrangement in other locations around the Los Angeles area or elsewhere. Please contact Dr. Jaffe for more information regarding group schedules, initial interviews, and fees.