We don't always choose
the circumstances of our lives,
but we CAN choose our response.
is about transforming life's lemons,
and fully living the life you have,
even if it's not the life you wanted.
What do YOU do when life gives you lemons? Those sour circumstances could be:
- loss of a loved one, job, relationship, physical ability, etc
- sadness or depression
- worry or anxiety
- problems with marriage, family, friends, or co-workers
- a medical problem that alters your life’s path
- a problem with emotions or moods
- or any other situation that has thrown you off-track
We don’t always choose our life circumstances, but we CAN learn to choose our responses to them. Even when life seems unfair, even when we are dealt a “bad hand,” we can find ways to make our lives work, sometimes far better than we ever imagined. A positive attitude is a decision to live your life fully, even when it isn’t the life you wanted.
Welcome to Lemon-Aid, a website about transforming life’s lemons, and creating a rich and fulfilling life, regardless of the adversities we face. I’m Dr. Jaelline Jaffe, a psychotherapist located in Sherman Oaks in the Los Angeles area. Whether I’m assisting individuals, couples, adolescents, or groups in counseling, I have realized that a positive attitude can make a tremendous difference in what happens in our lives and in our relationships. As a psychotherapist, I have helped many hundreds of clients improve the quality of their lives and relationships, regardless of their circumstances. I can help you make life-affirming choices that bring you more joy and contentment, transforming life’s lemons into something sweet.
Whatever sadness, challenges or difficulties you are experiencing in your personal or relationship life, I hope the information on this website will provide you with hope for a better outcome, and some tools for transforming your life:
- Psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, couples, and groups
- Marriage and relationship counseling
- Resources for dealing with rare or unusual medical conditions (“orphan disorders”) including Tinnitus and Misophonia
- Support groups for medical issues, weight control, and life transitions
- Self-help materials for weight control and assertion training
- Articles on assisting teenagers, finding a psychotherapist, and locating help for a variety of mental health issues
- Presentations for educators, psychotherapists, and the general public
- Stories for understanding
- Information for psychotherapy interns
I am a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, with a doctoral degree and 35 years of experience in helping people deal with challenges in their lives, such as:
- relationship problems
- rare disorders and medical problems such as Tinnitus or Misophonia
- panic disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- addictions (including sex and internet addiction)
- eating disorders.
Whether I can help you directly in psychotherapy or simply through this website, I look forward to helping you transform the lemons in your life into something sweet!
NOTE: IF YOU ARE IN SUCH DESPAIR AT THIS MOMENT THAT YOU ARE FEELING SUICIDAL, PLEASE KNOW THAT THINGS WILL IMPROVE WITH HELP – CALL 911 OR 1-800-SUICIDE NOW!